- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 2 pinch nutmeg powder
- A few strands of saffron
- 1/2 cup raisins/cashes/almonds
- Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for half an hour, then cook until soft and drain.
- Transfer cooked rice to a heavy bottom skillet, add 1 tbsp butter or ghee and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Pour milk+cream over rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue boiling for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently , till milk thickens.
- Stir in the sugar, crushed nuts and saffron.
- Mix well, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Serve cold and garnish with a few strands of saffron.